Dentistry has made significant technological advancements in recent years, allowing our dentists to provide you with the most advanced care. One of the most exciting new technologies we have recently added to our practice is laser dentistry. It is a minimally invasive, highly effective treatment that can help to improve your oral health and give you the smile you have always wanted. Our dentist and team at Advanced Dentistry Of Walnut Creek work with you to design a treatment plan that will benefit your smile and meet your individual needs.
Advantages of Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry offers several advantages, such as:
- Lasers are minimally invasive procedures that use focused beams of light energy to treat dental problems.
- It can be used to treat both soft and hard tissues in the mouth.
- The light energy emitted by lasers can be precisely delivered to any target tissue in the mouth.
- Lasers are equipped with effective safety features that help to keep patients safe during the treatment.
- It can be used for a number of procedures in dentistry, including soft tissue surgery, bone grafting, oral cancer treatment, inflammation reduction, cavity removal, etc.
Common Procedures That Can Be Performed Using Laser Technology
Reach out to our dental practice in Walnut Creek, CA, to have a consultation with our dentist. Call ourDentist Walnut Creek CA at (925) 937-2273 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.
- Cavity removal: Laser dentistry can help save time and eliminate discomfort during cavity removal. The procedure is carried out using a rubber dam to isolate the tooth from saliva and other oral fluids. The laser beam is focused on the cavity, vaporizing its contents and hardening the remaining tooth structure quickly. This minimally invasive procedure makes it possible for us to perform multiple fillings in a single appointment. It also helps save on time and medication costs.
- Orthodontics: We use lasers for various orthodontic procedures including tooth extraction, tooth preparation for braces, anchorage appliance fabrication, etc. In case of a wisdom tooth extraction, laser dentistry results in faster healing by reducing swelling and bleeding in the mouth.
- Soft tissue surgery: Laser technology is used extensively to treat gingivitis and periodontitis. The laser light energy can be precisely directed at specific areas of gums and other soft tissues that are infected or irritated. It gently heats the affected tissues, killing bacteria and removing inflamed gums from the root surface without cutting or damaging them. The healing process after this type of treatment is quicker and more effective compared to conventional methods of treating gum disease. We also use laser technology for tissue grafting, in which replacement gum tissue is grafted onto an area of gum recession caused due to periodontal disease or other reasons.
- Tumor removal: Laser dentistry is used for the removal of oral tumors as it causes minimal damage to surrounding tissues while performing surgery. This ensures that there is minimal blood loss and less discomfort during surgery, resulting in faster healing and improved oral health efficiency after surgery.