Teeth whitening is a simple cosmetic dental treatment that can help you achieve a flawless smile. On the other hand, laser teeth whitening is an advanced teeth whitening technique that uses a laser to activate hydrogen peroxide. This method is quite effective and offers better results than conventional teeth whitening. At Advanced Dentistry Of Walnut Creek, we provide laser teeth whitening to our patients.
How Is Laser Teeth Whitening Performed?
Laser teeth whitening is performed using hydrogen peroxide as the bleaching agent. This procedure can be performed in a single appointment at our dental practice. The first step in the process involves identifying the cause of staining on your teeth using an intraoral camera. Scaling might be required to eliminate any stains from below the surface of the tooth. Any calculus or old restorations would be removed before the procedure is started.
The dentist will then apply a layer of hydrogen peroxide to your teeth and allow it to stay for 15 to 30 minutes before removing it. A laser device will then be used to activate the hydrogen peroxide and remove the stains from your teeth. The procedure will be repeated until you attain the desired level of whitening.
The effects of laser teeth whitening can be seen immediately after it is completed and could last for several years with proper maintenance.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Teeth Whitening?
Laser teeth whitening provides several benefits over other types of whitening treatments:
Reach out to our dental practice in Walnut Creek, CA, to have a consultation with ourDentist Walnut Creek CA. Call us at (925) 937-2273 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.
- It helps to brighten your smile instantly.
- This treatment is widely available at most dental practices across America.
- It has fewer side effects compared to other types of treatments for teeth discoloration.
- It reduces the risk of gum recession, which can happen with other treatments for tooth discoloration, like bleaching gels or strips.
- It is an effective way to remove stains from within your tooth structure and make your smile whiter than ever before without affecting its appearance or functionality.
- This treatment does not use harsh chemicals or dangerous light sources that can damage your soft tissues or enamel and make them sensitive to hot and cold temperatures.