Lumineers are clear, thin pieces of plastic that are used to restore and protect your smile. They are used for teeth that are chipped, cracked, or discolored. Lumineers can also be used to cover gaps in between teeth. At Advanced Dentistry Of Walnut Creek, we employ this innovative procedure to give our patients the smile they want.
What Are Lumineers?
Lumineers are clear, thin pieces of transparent plastic used to strengthen and restore teeth. They are fabricated according to the shape of your tooth and bonded to the surface of your tooth. They have been developed to be as thin as a contact lens and are custom-made for each tooth.
Benefits of Lumineers
- Lumineers help to conceal imperfections like cracks, chips and discoloration on your teeth.
- They are durable and can last up to 10 years
- They provide an aesthetic enhancement to your smile
- They do not chip or crack easily
- They can be installed in a single dental appointment, eliminating the need for multiple dental visits.
- The procedure for installing Lumineers is minimally invasive because the plastic is glued onto your teeth rather than drilled into their surfaces.
- The process of preparing your teeth for Lumineers is simple and quick.
- The cost of Lumineers is less expensive than ceramic veneers.
- They require no preparation before being attached to the tooth’s surface
- They look natural when compared to other dental restorations.
Procedure for Installing Lumineers
Lumineers can be installed in a single visit to our office. The dentist will first determine how many Lumineers you need based on the shape and size of your existing teeth. A digital impression will be taken of your teeth, which will be sent to a laboratory for fabrication. The fabrication process takes about five weeks. During this time, you will be provided with temporary restorations until the permanent ones arrive at our office. Once the permanent ones arrive, we will remove the temporary ones and fill them with acrylic resin. This resin will help secure them on your teeth permanently. Once they have been sealed correctly, they will look completely natural and blend into your existing teeth’s shade and texture perfectly.
Reach out to our dental practice in Walnut Creek, CA, to have a consultation with our dentist. Call ourDentist Walnut Creek CA at (925) 937-2273 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.